To help us all deal with the intermittent spinning Cornerstone logo, we have put together the following guide.
We have gathered various suggestions and fixes which have been mentioned on the X Theme Users FB Group and the X Theme support forum. One or more of these steps may resolve this issue, but no promises. This is by no means a definitive list, so all comments, corrections and any addition suggestions welcome.
- Have you tried a different browser, and OS?
- Is your internet speed being limited for some reason
- Have you cleared all caches, browser, site, server, Cloudflare, etc
- A known issue is CloudFlare rocket loader which will break X or Pro in auto mode. As can the JS and CSS minify options.
- If the issue is occurring on a PC/Windows OS, and you use Cloudflare, check or add a page rule for the site:
I find this page rule setup usually fixes it, once you have set it up, remember to purge the cache for the site.
NOTE the fullstop before the url in the rule below.*.yourweburlhere/*?cornerstone=1plus the following settings
rocketloader: off, browser Cache TTL: an hour, Cache Level: Bypass
- Who is hosting the site?
If it is someone like GoDaddy, it could be slow load times and low memory allocations. You can increase the by adding the following codes into your wp-config.php file in the root of your WordPress installation.Add them AFTER THE LINE: define(‘WP_CACHE’, true);
define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );
And BEFORE the line: /*That’s all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */
- What php is the site running on, is it below php 7?
- Have you cleared your transients with something like https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/rvg-optimize-database/ or https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/artiss-transient-cleaner/
- Have you checked for plugin conflicts? Deactivate your plugins and reactivate one by one to check for conflicts. Easiest to do this via ftp. Just append the name of the plugins with something like -old and see if that fixes anything then put them all back and check as you go.
- Have you tried Reinstalling Cornerstone – Remove the cornerstone folder from wp-content/plugins using FTP. – Install it again from Dashboard > X Addons
- Have you checked for illegal characters or HTML in your text element content ? Apparently if you have a tag then this could be breaking the page, so whenever you need to use HTML tags try to use Raw Content instead of Text Element.Ways to check for illegal characters or HTML
Click on section then click on Manage Layout. The next time you save the page it should open correctly. If the spinner doesn’t stop, then there could be an illegal element, try editing it or deleting it. Repeat this for every section on the page and save the page in the end when everything seems to be fixed.